Over *29 Million Clicks* and Counting! Thank *YOU* for being *ONE* of them!

[ HOME ] [ NEW MOVIE TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ MOVIE REVIEWS ] [ TV MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS TV SCHEDULE 2024 ] [ CHRISTMAS STORY ] [ CHRISTMAS MOVIE LIST ]
[ CHRISTMAS MOVIES ON DVD - 2023 ] [ TV MOVIES ON DVD - 2024 ] [ CONTACT ]

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...”
~ James 1:17

Monday, May 30, 2016

Cast News Revealed for Hallmark Movie 'Managing Manhattan'


We just recently learned the cast list for an upcoming Hallmark movie that is currently filming - 'Managing Manhattan'! Please note- this is the current working title, so it may or may not be the same title when the movie premieres!

Starring in 'Managing Manhattan' are:
Julianna Guill, Marc Bendavid, Vivica A. Fox, Natasha Henstridge, Marla Sokoloff

Julianna Guill and Marc Bendavid - images via IMDB

This will be Julianna Guill's first Hallmark movie. Julianna had a role in the recent blockbuster 'Captain America: Civil War'. You may recall Marc Bendavid from one of last years 'Countdown to Christmas' Movies - 'Angel of Christmas'.

Vivica A. Fox, Natasha Henstridge, and Marla Sokoloff - images via IMDB

The cast also includes these three ladies you will recognize from Hallmark movies... Vivica A. Fox, pictured above, from 'Farewell Mr. Kringle', 'Looking for Mr. Right', and more! Natasha Henstridge previously starred in 'A Christmas Song' and 'You Lucky Dog'. And, Marla Sokoloff starred in the Hallmark movies 'Flower Girl' and 'Gift of the Magi'.

'Managing Manhattan' Movie Synopsis: "Small-town clothing store manager TAYLOR McCALL (30) is called up to the big leagues to run a Manhattan clothing boutique after a chance encounter with ALYSSA SHAW (50), the founder of the famed New York store, A-Line. But the reality of big city life is more than Taylor bargained for -- she's overwhelmed by the crowds, the noise, the pace, the expense and the overall craziness of Manhattan.

As Taylor slowly settles into life in New York City, she meets PHILIP (30), a realtor who clearly wants to be more than friends. But work is consuming all of Taylor's attention, as she strives to meet sales targets and live up to expectations.

When Taylor makes a major misstep, everything in her exciting new life comes crashing down. To get it back, Taylor must combine her newly acquired New York street-smarts with a dash of wholesome Midwestern charm."

(credit: cast info & synopsis via sepiafilms, and Thank you Gina - for sending the information above!.)

'Managing Manhattan' is filming May 29th through June 17th.


11 comments:

  1. Sherry In CaliforniaMonday, May 30, 2016

    I always enjoy Vivica in her Hallmark roles! She was great as the funny voice of reason in "Annie Claus is Coming to Town."

    I barely remember Marc from "Angel of Christmas" because Jonathan Scarfe stood out so much, but it will be interesting to see him in a leading romantic role.

    It is worth mentioning here that the plot outline for this movie was referenced in a Hallmark Channel survey about Summer movies that went out a few days ago (Net got the same survey, and knows the one I am talking about). The survey did not specifically refer to the "Managing Manhattan" title, so it is assumed that the title will change, but the plot was definitely the same. So I am guessing that this movie is going to be part of the Summer Nights movie event... whenever that happens (since the dates have not been announced).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Net reported this one a week or two ago with the plot but no cast info yet

      Delete
    2. Sherry In CaliforniaMonday, May 30, 2016

      I know -- I saw it! That's how I recognized the plot in the survey that I took a few days ago.

      Delete
    3. Sherry In CaliforniaMonday, May 30, 2016

      I forgot to add that Net did not report that it was a Summer Nights film. That was unknown until the survey made the rounds a few days ago. ;)

      Delete
    4. Joyce in CarolinaTuesday, May 31, 2016

      To Sherry
      I can see you and I are both big Jonathan Scarfe fans! I had never heard of him until "Love on the Air" which is now my all time favorite Hallmark movie. I wish they would air it as often as some of the other movies. He's such a versatile actor. Love him and Alison Sweeny together!

      Delete
    5. Sherry In CaliforniaTuesday, May 31, 2016

      Joyce --

      I love "Love on the Air" too! It's definitely one of my top 2 favorite non-holiday Hallmark movies. At first, when Hallmark/Crown Media first mentioned the movie in a press release, it was going to be called "Radio Gold" or something similar, and... it didn't sound all that interesting to me. I had no idea who Jonathan Scarfe was, and a movie set in the radio world just didn't strike me as being all that exciting.

      So, when LOTA premiered with its new title I was not leaping and bounding to see it. I started reading good comments about it and I was going to try to catch it -- but then the Fall Harvest movies kicked in, which led to the Christmas movies. I did not get another chance to see LOTA until January.

      And I loved it right away! The dialogue is funny. The chemistry and banter is refreshing. Jonathan fits well enough into the Hallmark mold, and yet he has a certain edgy kind of quality too. He's just a bit different -- maybe a tiny bit more offbeat than the usual Hallmark leading man. He's a breath of fresh air.

      Hallmark clearly liked Jonathan too, as they put him in 3 movies in under 6 months. But, as we all know, in the last movie (from the Countdown to Valentine's Day) he did not get the girl. It's time for Hallmark to bring Jonathan back and let him get the girl once again!

      And I hope that someone has the sense to release "Love on the Air" on DVD!

      Delete
    6. Joyce in CarolinaWednesday, June 01, 2016

      Sherry...
      I so agree! He's way too fine not to get the girl! Lol! The first title was "Radio Hype" and then changed to LOTA. I did see it when it first aired. I was smitten with Jonathan right away, and already being an Alison fan made for the perfect couple. I hope too that Hallmark will release it on DVD and they put the two of them in another movie together. BTY...LOTA is airing July 2nd@5pm edt.

      Thank you Net for letting me and Sherry carry on about our favs!! We really appreciate all you do to keep us informed! Have a blessed day!

      Delete
    7. Sherry In CaliforniaThursday, June 02, 2016

      "Radio Hype"! That's it! Thank you for giving me the correct title. I don't know why I said "Radio Gold," but I suspect that someone must have used that term the other day, and it unknowingly got stuck in my head! Lol.

      Anyway, since I really saw "Angel of Christmas" before seeing LOTA in its entirety, I wasn't sure where I stood on Jonathan Scarfe. He is a bit more subdued in AOC than in LOA, so I don't think I was getting a full picture of his personality and acting style. However, even in AOC he stood out -- so I barely even remember the other guy in the movie.

      Let's hope LOTA gets to DVD, because -- as often as Hallmark runs and repeats movies -- sometimes they stop showing other things as often as they used to and you never know when they will be on. Hallmark will do something odd like show "October Kiss" all year long, but only show "Love On the Air" a handful of times. It's very strange.

      Delete
    8. Joyce in CarolinaThursday, June 02, 2016

      I totally agree Sherry! Can't figure out Hallmarks scheduling methods!

      Delete
  2. Yay. More movies!

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a another good one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please COMMENT and share your thoughts on Movies and More...

You may comment by using an Account, Name, or by choosing Anonymous! (If you pick Name, you can add your name, nickname, initials, or favorite handle! You can also leave the URL space blank, if you do not have a web-site.)

Whatever you choose, I enjoy hearing from you! Blessings, Net